The health benefits of lemons just came across my Facebook stream from Young and Raw
7 Ways Lemons Heal
- Skin: Did you know that lemons have long been used for their anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties but also come packed with phytochemicals and antioxidants that heal and create healthy, glowing skin?
- Liver Cleansing: Lemons are helpful in cleansing the liver, which is responsible for processing toxins and hormones. Add a fresh squeezed lemon to your morning water to cleanse and strengthen your immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory: While lemons are acidic in nature, they are actually “alkaline forming” meaning they become alkaline in your body thus they have been used for their anti-inflammatory properties by arthritis patients,
- Weight Loss/Cleansing: Lemons are blood purifying fruits, and can aid in digestion. Squeezing lemon onto your food or into your water will help your body properly metabolise a heavy meal. Some scientists even say lemons aid in weight loss.
- Toothache: Try some lemon juice on the gum area to relieve pain and stop the bleeding.
- Sunburn: Run some lemon juice on your skin to prevent your skin from getting worse after a burn. They are a natural anti-septic so using lemons on your skin can also help with acne and eczema.
- Cold/Sore Throat: Lemons are anti-bacterial in nature so squeeze lemon juice into your drink or onto your food if you have a throat infection to help kill bad bacteria and speed up the healing process. (Celery, cucumber, ginger and lemon is a great combo for sore colds and sore throats – blend in a smoothie.)