Your heart is an extraordinary organ, protect it and take good care of it.
Do You Know That
Your heart beats about 100,000 times a day
- The average heart weight about 10 ounces
- According to German researcher, more people have heart attacks on Mondays than any other day of the week.
- Just 30 minutes a day reduces your risk of hear disease
Where Did the Heart Shape Come From?
- One theory is that the traditional heart was derived from the plant seed of the now extinct (for over 2,000 years) North African Silphium plant. Ancient Cyrene’s depicted the shape on their coins.
You Can Use Licorice for Heartburn
- Heartburn is acid reflux. Licorice root has been used medicinally for over 3,000 years and lowers acid production as effectively as OTC antacids. I you suffer from heart problems make sure that you take De-glyzerhized licorice as regular licorice increased blood pressure.
You Can Stop Angina With Arjuna Extract
This ancient Indian tree bark has been used to decrease angina attacks the same way nitroglycerin does. It’s also effective at lowering cholesterol.
Foods Your Heart Loves
- Red wine – it has reservatrol
- Sweet potato – vitamins A, C and E
- Asparagus – B-complex vitamins
- Tomatoes – lycopene
- Dark chocolate – cocoa phenols lower blood pressure
- Flaxseed – lowers the risk of blood clots
- Apples – lower stroke risk